Jennie and I decided David was a little too young and we had a little too much stuff to pack to head to the lake this weekend...so we decided to stay home. There were plenty of things to choose from for us to do, so we decided to take both sets of GPs to dinner at the country club for the 4th of July buffet. Doesn't sound like fun does it? Well, it really was. We got there as early as we could (you know GPs like to eat early), so we were just about the only people there for a while. This meant we got first run on the buffet and also meant the kids could run around and not have us worried about disturbing anyone else.
Anyway, after dinner was over, we all took off with plans for Jennie and me to return with Tucker for the fireworks at 9pm. That's right, I said 9pm...1.5 hours past his bedtime. Now, for those of you with kids, you know this is a recipe for disaster. But, I mean come on, its once a year right? So, we got our #1 baby-sitter (Gigi) to come over and sit with the little ones and at about 8:30, the three of us headed to watch and meet our friends Scott and Daphne and most importantly, their son Lawson,
There was a good turnout and the fireworks display was great. However, the real show was watching "Tuck" and "Law" as they decided to start calling each other. They were jumping up and down, screaming at the top of their lungs and yelling things like "dynamite!!!" over and over. I really think it is the most excited I have ever seen Tucker. Of course, halfway home, he was demanding, at the top of his lungs, to watch Star Wars when we got home, but he straightened out.
It was a fun day, but will be more fun next year I am sure as we add "The Bomb" into the mix.
No comments:
Post a Comment