Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day



Tucker and Houston got up at about 6:45 (which was a little later than usual actually) to see what Santa brought them. Luckily, he had come and brought lots of great things. Tucker's favorite was his Leapfrog Leapster "gameboy". Houston's favorite was any empty box. Gigi and Papa came over for breakfast and to see what the kids got, then headed to Florida to be with his family. Around 2:00pm, we headed to Mooma and Pop-I's for more presents and dinner with all the Lee cousins, aunts, and uncles. It was a big time. After the meal, all kids were teetering on the brink of explosion and time was of the essence to pack 'em up and move 'em out. When we got home, Tucker was beside himself again wanting to play a game that he hadn't gotten out of the box yet. As he was falling to pieces and saying "I want to play it now" between sobs, I helped him get in his pajamas and into his bed where he fell asleep while still repeating it over and over. He was so tired that he was powerless to do anything but fight the last fight he knew how and he eventually succumbed. However, he did manage to say one last thing to me as he always does when going to bed, "will you send my mama in here". However, on this particular occasion, it was almost as if he had one too many egg-noggs if you know what I mean. He was so exhausted, he could barely even speak and if he didn't say that same thing every night, I might not have been able to understand him. A good day for sure.


Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Gigi said...

Love the blog! I know it was a great day. I hope Tucker never loses his zest for life and goes just that hard working and having fun! Lee family--thanks for making Christmas a wonderful time for me and Poppa. Gigi

Kathy T. said...

Sure sounded like fun. Wish we could have been there!

K.