Sunday, December 21, 2008

Catch up! Its Christmas time!!

I looked up and it was Christmas. I realized I haven't made a post in a while. So, I thought I would make a quick one to bring everyone up to speed. 

We went to the lake for Thanksgiving with Mooma and Pop-I. As you can imagine, there was a lot of sitting around. Had a fire the first couple days and then it got hot outside. We did manage to find things to do though. We had a wicked game of Sorry and of course, Tucker and I played Nintendo 64 a lot.  The boys, especially Houston, really liked getting into Bleu's crate.  They fit perfectly in there.

Mooma and Jennie went a day early and managed to take a bunch of pictures of the boys trying to find one for the Christmas card.  Sam was the only one that made it to the water, but she loved every minute of it of course.  Gigi, Poppa and Will joined us for the actual meal which was fantastic.  We all ate too much, but were real satisfied and had great naps.

Pretty soon after this, it was Christmas time.  We loaded everyone up to go pick out the tree.  The two older boys had a great time running in and out of the trees and it was sort of cold which made it more festive.  After we got the tree home, it was time for the decorating.  The boys were a big help with this, especially Tucker.  So far, nothing has gotten broken and with the new stand we bought, the tree has been solid without having to be wired to the wall.  Now the challenge is how to buy, hide, wrap and preserve all the presents.

Tucker has also started basketball.  I am one of three coaches and there are about 8 on his team.  It is a lot of fun and hilarious to watch.  Although its more like herding cats than teaching basketball, the kids have a great time and are getting good exercise.  No good pics of this yet because while the game is going on, Jennie has to herd two cats of her own and doesn't have much time for that kind of thing.  We will get some I am sure.  I attached a slide show below.



2 comments:

Gigi said...

Please note the wonderful Christmas tree hats being worn by the boys was made by Gigi. I think they are precious-the boys and the hats! Gigi

Juli-Ann said...

Very cute....love the matching hats while Christmas tree shopping! Gigi did great. Looking forward to seeing ya'll on the 30th- know they will have changed alot!