Sunday, April 5, 2009

T-Ball

Tucker has started t-ball.  Don't worry, I'm not gonna talk about how much time flies again.  I mean, it does, but that's beside the point.  Several months ago, when Jennie and I signed The Rock up for t-ball, we filled out the form asking to be put on the team with all his friends.  Well, somehow, there was a mixup with the paperwork or something and everyone got on that team except him.  So, we are on Coldwell Banker with no one he knows.  Jennie and I decided this might be good for him.  Now, he would not have anyone to be silly with like he normally would.  Also, it would be a chance for him to make some new friends.  So, after only 3 practices and several meltdowns, we arrived for his first game.

For those of you who have not experienced it, t-ball is structured so there is no winner and no loser.  There are only two innings but every kid gets to bat.  You can get out, but everyone still gets to bat.  There are 11 or 12 kids on each team.  So, you can imagine how long it takes to go through 22 to 24 five and six year olds hitting the tee, missing altogether or hitting it and slowly making their way to first (sometimes via the pitcher's mound)...twice.

Coldwell Banker is good.  We have a couple of kids that can really hit it, but more impressive is the fielding.  The other team did not get a ball out of the infield.  This is really not that rare, but the fact that our team posted 4 or 5 putouts in each inning is just about unheard of from the little t-ball experience I have.  Our "pitcher" does not let anything get by HER.  And she is a little frustrated sometimes because she has to throw the ball on the ground to first base.  She wants to zing it over there...and she can.  

I am proud to say, in his first ever t-ball game, Tucker went 2-2 with 2 RBIs and 2 runs scored...not that I was keeping stats or anything.  Of course, Tucker didn't really care much about that either, when he found out he got a free coke (Pepsi??) at the end of the game.  

It was so fun to watch.  There are no winners or losers, but I am pretty sure we won.  Momma was so proud of her boy, she just had to have a picture with him.  It turned out to be a good one.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Never having the t-ball experience with my girls, I have been very impressed with how positive an experience this is for the kids. The coaches are great! The parents are great!! It is fun!!!