We left late on a Thursday, spent the night in Atlanta, and then flew up to New York early Friday morning arriving before lunch. The trip was really short, but it was great. It was nice to get away and have some mommy and daddy time with our friends.
We got to take a long walk through Central Park on Saturday morning with the temperature about 60 degrees. We made it down to Times Square and Toys R Us for a quick run through and also over to FAO Schwartz where we got to see the employees playing the giant piano scene in the movie Big. We picked up a few things there for the boys so we wouldn't come home empty handed.
One funny story...when we left FAO Schwartz, we were running late and got back to the hotel and were rushing around showering and getting ready, etc...when all of the sudden I realized I had left my dress shirt in Dothan. I had everything else, but no shirt. So, we had to brainstorm quickly to figure out what to do. Luckily, thanks to modern technology, I did a google maps search from my blackberry looking for men's clothing stores nearby. Low and behold, there was a Brooks Brothers not more than 4 blocks. I called, they had the exact shirt I wanted and so we took off and headed there. I wore my suit with my jacket buttoned and an undershirt. Strangely, no one seemed to notice really. Anyway, we got the shirt, quickly caught a cab and were still able to meet our friends at the Ritz Carlton's Rise Bar 5 minutes after they got there. (As an aside, if you are ever in New York and are looking for a place to have a drink with an unbelievable view, its the Ritz Carlton at Battery Park. The view is really neat).
Anyway, the wedding was great and the reception was at Battery Gardens which overlooks the harbor (I guess). This view was also very good. The food and band were excellent, but when the night was winding down, Jennie and I were both ready to pack it in.
We made it home around 5:30pm on Sunday and found all 3 kids alive and well and Mooma still functioning normally.
I will add more pics soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment