Sunday, June 8, 2008

Wii

My wife of 8 years and 2 1/2 kids made the strangest statement the other day. So strange in fact, that my first answer was, "is it opposite day?". She said she thought we should get a Nintendo Wii. Now, for those of you who don't know what Sony Playstation, XBox 360, or Nintendo Gamecube are, stop reading right here. This is going to do you no good. For those of you who know what those things are and don't know what the Wii is...again, come out from under your rock, the wireless signal is much better out here.

The Nintendo Wii is possibly one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. It is an interactive video game that doesn't allow you to just sit on the couch and press buttons. You have to be on your feet and do the motions that you are telling your man on the screen to do. For example, when you play the tennis game, you have to swing the wireless controller just like you hitting the tennis ball. Forhand and backhand. Same for baseball, bowling, golf, and boxing. We have had it less than 48 hours and my shoulder is just about done.

Tucker loves playing it and often comments on how sweaty he is. We have not ventured out into the vast world of other games that you can play on this thing, mainly sticking to the one it came with. However, we are thinking of renting a couple tonight. We will let you know how it goes. Here are a few pictures.
This is Tucker playing the boxing game. It is hilarious and he is really good. However, this morning, after a few rounds, he wanted to change games. When he did, he came over to me and said, "that game gives me a headache". He hasn't playing it since.


This is Tucker and I playing tennis. We are playing against each other in this picture, but we can also play on the same team which is his favorite. Again, he is really good.

1 comment:

Kathy T. said...

I loved the blurb about it being opposite day. When Jennie just all of a sudden ups and suggests buying a video game console, you have to wonder if the planet is out of alignment. I can't wait to play this with Tucker when I get there...er I mean I can't wait to see the new baby when I get there. :)